Me first, mom/wife second, and the rest follows

Well, I'm a happily married woman with two beautiful and terrific children who drive me crazy on some days and amaze me on the others. I am a student about to begin my nursing program this summer. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother. I am the oldest and like to think the wisest of the bunch, but they'd argue against that, surprising right? I enjoy reading almost anything that hasn't been assigned. I seem to put a mental block on all my school readings. Sad to admit, but so true!

Monday, February 27, 2006

Music Appreciation 139

So...I enrolled in this class to fulfill the university's fine art requirement. I thought, easy class, easy A, no effort on my part. WRONG! I'm half way through the semester and so far I am doing well. Well for not having any musical/instrumental background other than the catchy phrase songs that I find myself cleaning to like, "My humps" or "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me" or even "Baby hit me one more time"....good God, did I just admit to that?!? Anyway, my point is this, I never ever thought I'd find myself looking forward to attending this class. My instructor is pretty awesome and I enjoy his lectures, but I don't understand some of the conversations he and some of my musically talented classmates are discussing. You know how the teacher speaks in the Charlie Brown cartoons?? Blaah blaah blaah blob blob. That's what I hear during their conversations.

One of the course requirements is to attend two concerts, one being a mandatory classical concert and the other is my choice and write a two page concert report with my reaction to the experience. I attended two free classical concerts this weekend. Both were wonderful and I truly enjoyed myself. I had a bit of trouble identifying some of the instruments so I asked the gentleman next to me at the first concert if he could point them out. First he looked at me like I was an idiot, asked me if I was kidding, then frowned at me. I explained that this was my first symphony orchestra concert. He smiled and helped me out then proceeded to ask me if I knew what a piano and a guitar was. Oh well! Want to know what instruments I couldn't identify? Don't laugh. I confused the clarinet with the flute, the viola with the violin, and called the bassoon a buffoon. I'll get better at this I promise! Anyway, I loved the music and had a great time, but I won't give up my catchy songs!

2 Comments:

Blogger ArizonaDB said...

hi eve.

I remember i had to take a music appreciation class in college too. To make us more well rounded, or some BS like that! ;-)

it was horrible. i have no musical background either so i was lost and our teacher was a complete B!TCH and very impatient.

Anyway, i squeeked thru with a C when normally i was a solid A student. I wish you better luck than i had.

Check out my blog. I posted some pics from my wife and my hike this weekend at South Mountain Park south of Phoenix. You should like them since it sounds like you are a lover of the Valley of the Sun. :-)

Have a nice week.

Dustin
Desert Imaging

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Andrea said...

Hola mi hermana! You're too cute. Just to set the record you're my hero. I can't even clean my house along with work, my lil' booger and school and for you to have a blog amazes me. Well wanted to check it out. I'm gonna get to my math. And I need to let you know I found myself on the most uncommon website earlier. I'll tell you later. Love ya, Your lil' sis:1 Drea=)

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home