Me first, mom/wife second, and the rest follows

Well, I'm a happily married woman with two beautiful and terrific children who drive me crazy on some days and amaze me on the others. I am a student about to begin my nursing program this summer. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother. I am the oldest and like to think the wisest of the bunch, but they'd argue against that, surprising right? I enjoy reading almost anything that hasn't been assigned. I seem to put a mental block on all my school readings. Sad to admit, but so true!

Sunday, March 19, 2006

"ewwe, this is gross mommy"

So I'm sitting here in the living room watching "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story" with my family. It's Sunday night and I'm trying to get some studying done. My husband has already watched this movie with my daughter earlier so I'm thinking this movie is ok. All of a sudden towards the end of the movie my daughter says, "mommy, watch this part it's so gross, eweeee!" So of course I look and two girls are kissing each other like two dogs licking each other. Then two other girls start to kiss and one guy states that she is a lesbian and she says, "no, I'm bisexual" and kisses him. I find it funny and then I realize that my daughter is confused. Crap, why is she watching this movie??? I ask her father and he says it's PG-13.......I bit my tongue and was about to explain when she says, "that must have been her sister and they were being silly, huh?" I agreed and dropped it as I glared at her father.

2 Comments:

Blogger SVN, prn said...

I find that today's PG-13 have many cringe-worthy moments.

They are more like yesterdays R rated flicks.

I even read an article about it recently in some magazine.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I agree with svn,prn - my son is coming up on 12 and he is dying to see benchwarmers. My g/f said it could have been a cute movie but instead they had to go fill it with crap. - Moments like yours.. I chalk up to what I call "Daddy in charge."

Why does stuff like that always happen when daddy is in charge?

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home