Me first, mom/wife second, and the rest follows

Well, I'm a happily married woman with two beautiful and terrific children who drive me crazy on some days and amaze me on the others. I am a student about to begin my nursing program this summer. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother. I am the oldest and like to think the wisest of the bunch, but they'd argue against that, surprising right? I enjoy reading almost anything that hasn't been assigned. I seem to put a mental block on all my school readings. Sad to admit, but so true!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Please visit my new site!!!

Hello! I finally set up my site on MSN spaces. Well, at least its up and running. Why did I do this you ask? Because I got some feedback from friends who are MSN users and thought it would be easier to post their comments there instead of here. Yeah, I know it doesn't make much sense, but when you love your friends you'll do anything!

Here is the blogg address (is that even correct lingo??)
http://spaces.msn.com/DandDsmommie/

Please visit me there, I really would appreciate it!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger SVN, prn said...

Hi, I have trouble with MSN blogs, I can not comment on them so I will try and answer your questions here.

You asked, "...careplans from your last entry. Are these really a pain like everyone tells me?"

and

"...how long are your clinical days? Someone told be to plan on 15 hour days!!! Is this true????"

Ok, first the care plans. Mostly what is the pain here is the amount of TIME it takes to complete them. The first few are extra hard cuz you have no idea what to do. Then they get a little easier but never any shorter. Unless, you have a cool instructor. So, plan on a lot of time set aside to complete them. They involve the detailed Pathophysiology of the diagnosis, all tests results, all drugs (and info on drugs), a head to toe assessment written out, and usually 3 nursing diagnosis on the disease process or chief complaint.

Next, clinical days. I think in California there might be a law as to how long the day can be. (i.e. no longer then a typical work day of 9 hours -lunch) I am not sure. My typical day is this. Up at 5:00am to be out of the house by 5:45am. Met car pool at 6:00. Drive to site. Clinical starts at 6:30 we are on the floor by 6:45. We get 1/2 hour to eat and two 10 minute breaks. Then we meet at 2:30pm for post-clinical wrap-up/discussion and are dismissed at 3:30. Drive home, get car actually get HOME at 4:30pm. Then homework (sometimes) and do it al over again. So, I guess I may have answered your question someplace in there :o)

*whew* I am tired just typing it...and NOT going back to check typos and spelling !!!

TTFN

11:13 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Hi I’m Heather! Please email me when you get a chance! HeatherVonsj(at)gmail(dot)com

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home